A matrix based differential extraction system that produces higher male DNA yields than conventional methods, while reducing epithelial cell DNA carryover.
- Ease of Use: less physical manipulation than conventional methods reduces the risk of sample loss and/or contamination
- Greater Sperm DNA Recovered: Increased recovery of Sperm DNA leading to less inconclusive evidence
- Fully Automatable: Easily automatable on a Hamilton AutoLys STAR
SpermX™ utilizes an advanced matrix material to effectively capture sperm cells, while enabling efficient flow through of digested epithelial cell DNA. The optimized process can effectively recover sperm DNA, which can then be processed for STR analysis to provide high quality male DNA profiles.
Automate Your Differential Extraction Workflow
With less manipulations and ease of use frees up analyst and senior staff to focus on important tasks in the lab
- Can run 48 samples at one time
- The unique design allows for substrate to be added to the device and no further touching until samples are extracted